MBFWA WITH MAYBELLINE
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Sydney is officially done and dusted. CANDID have seen some amazing beauty looks created backstage and seen it take everyones breath down the runway. This year, CANDID got to attend MBFWA with our own media passes as well as together with Maybelline. We got the opportunity to head backstage for each show that Maybelline sponsored and meet the legendary Nigel Stanislaus, the Maybelline NY Makeup Director. Each look was perfectly curated for every collection. We had glitter lips at Zhivago, tinted pink eyebrows at Double Rainbouu and a “no makeup” makeup look at Strateus Carlecci to name a few. It was an awesome experience to hear Nigel explain each look and see the makeup artists create their magic on each model.
Photos by WESLEY TAN
OK, so we have a secret confession. The CANDID sisters are serious fans of Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 5. Nigel Stanislaus, also know as Mr.Maybelline happened to be a guest judge on one of the episodes. Both fell for his amazing storytelling of each curated look as well as his fun quirkiness on the show. Most people attend fashion week and fangirl over celebrities, stars or fellow influencers. We could not hide our excitement at all when meeting Nigel and was completely starstrucked. With that being said, he is incredibly humble and as bubbly and professional in real life as he is on the show. Throughout the week we were able to have several chats with him regarding his passion for makeup, artistry and look.
Below are each look for the shows CANDID attended with Maybelline:
ZHIVAGO – MIAMI BOMBSHELL GLAMOUR
- A 90’s Miami Show? Bring it! Nigel created the perfect look fit for the craziness of fashion weeks: Supermodel glitter lips, highlighter on all the right places, shimmer factor and golden eyeshadow hues.
C/MEO COLLECTIVE – THE ULTIMATE PEACH HOLIDAY
- A golden sunset look with warm tones cast across the eye lids, cheeks and lips. Key products include the Baby Lips Balm & Blush in Peach as well as the Dream Cushion Compact foundation.
DOUBLE RAINBOUU – THE WHY GENERATION
- The new debutant Color Jolt lip paint was the hero of this look. Color Jolt lip paint was used on the lips, brows and eyelashes. It was a fresh pop of colour and made each model look fun and youthful.
DYSPNEA – ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- This makeup look was all about being playful, edgy and daring. Nigel wanted a Rock ’N Roll feeling and used the product Colour Sensational Loaded Bold Lip colour to create a feather upper lip in “Fiery Fuchsia” before it gradually transitioned into the”Possessed Plum” bottom lip. The windows to the soul had the same lip colours applied underneath the eyes to complete the fierce look.
STRATEUS CARLUCCI – BEAUTY IN DIVERSITY
- The collection was all about bold colours and capturing the beauty in diversity. Together with Maybelline, Strateus Carlucci went for a “no-makeup” makeup look with as minimal products as possible. Eyes are defined with Maybelline’s Blushed Nudes Palette, while the face is highlighted with a Master Strobe Stick. The strobing stick also happens to be our personal favourite product. It glides on smoothly and gives your skin a nice luminous boost.