B A G U E T T E & C R O I S S A N T .
It’s a music playlist that comes with a candid guide. Press play and follow our essential instructions, because there are certain things you MUST do when you listen to these songs. Next up on our ongoing TSUTSUMI’S CANDID PLAYLIST GUIDE series is Baguette & Croissant – a charming playlist with mostly french/portuguese tunes perfect for those mellow mid-summer days. (Listen with your heart, HERE.)
WHAT TO DO?
· Sit or lie in the sun. (wear sunscreen! I can’t stress this enough)
· Dance first, think later. It’s the natural order.
· Reminisce about the past and feel nostalgic.
· Brush your hair or make someone brush it for you. (go with option two)
· Play the game “He Loves me… he loves me not”. (must pick petal off a daisy or it doesn’t count)
· Climb a tree. (don’t look down)
· Go on an adventure to find a four-leaf clover (for eternal luck)
· Paint your nails. (red)
· It is white laundry day. Dry your clothes on a clothesline outside in the sun.
· Do a cartwheel. (or roll down the hill if first option is too difficult)
· Bake something sweet and easy. (wear an apron and oven gloves. points if you have a chef hat)
· Make a flower bouquet. (for yourself)
· Make breakfast for two (you and your cat)
· Eat breakfast in bed.
· Walk your dog around the neighbourhood. (be prepared. you’re going to run into your ex eventually)
· Paint the exterior of your home. (a happy colour)
· Paint a picture (of your dog) or do figure drawing (of your cat)
· Sit on a swing. (make someone push you. just because it looks a bit miserable by yourself)
· Go on a picnic in the park. (it’s not a picnic without baguette and croissant)
· People watching.
· Go for a hike and connect with nature.
· Steal apples from your neighbour’s tree. (what? they are out of town)
· Bike around the city.
· Visit a vineyard.
· Visit your local market and support small businesses.
· Host a garden party with your dearest.
· Enjoy a drink with a rooftop view.
· On the porch · On the balcony · On a pavilion
· On a rooftop · On a tree · In the city · In your home
· In a garden · In your neighbour’s garden · In the park
· At your grandparents · At your local market
WHAT TO WEAR?
· Vintage treasures.
· Slip-in dress.
· Anything floral. Anything silk. Anything linen.
· Only golden jewellery.
· You can never go wrong with denim.
WHAT TO DRINK?
· Lemonade. (points if you bought it from a lemonade stand)
· Green tea with honey.
· Fresh homemade orange juice.
· White wine. (cheers)
WHAT TO EAT?
· Baguette, croissant and everything nice.
· Fruits, berries and everything sweet.
BRANDS WE LOVE:
· Rouje · Cleopatra’s Bling · Réalisation Par · Jacquemus · Orseund Iris · The Line by K · byTiMo
· Reformation · Ganni · RE/DONE · Jeu illimité · For Love and Lemons · Are You Am I · With Jéan
· Ciao Lucia · Paris Georgia · Reformation · Isabel Marant · Imparfaite · Lack of Color
· Zimmermann · Faithfull The Brand · Bagatiba
· Elie Saab – Girl of Now
· Chloé – Chloé Absolu de Parfum Chloe
· Maison Margiela Replica – Lipstick On
· Chanel – Coco Mademoiselle
· Derek Lam 10 Crosby – Afloat
Muse: Jane Birkin in La Piscine (1969)
· Loose ponytails.
· Messy up-do.
· Pretty Pigtails.
· Keep the natural curls.
· Headscarves are back.
· Just got out of the shower look.
· Preppy hairbands.
· Fringe. Fringe. Fringe.
Photographed by Cameron Hammond for Faithfull The Brand
BUY A ONE WAY TICKET TO:
· A getaway trip to South of France.
· A Roman holiday in Italy.
· A tropical escape to South America.
· A different everyday in Monaco.
· A summer break in Scandinavia.
MOVIES TO WATCH:
· Roman Holiday (1953)
· Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
· Pretty Woman (1990)
· Indecent Proposal (1993)
· Lolita (1997)
· Amélie (2001)
· Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
HARD HITTING JOURNALISM QUESTIONS:
WHAT TO DO IF YOU RUN INTO YOUR EX?
Dismiss him with a cutting hair flip.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MEET A CUTE SOMEONE?
Wave and blow a kiss.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU RUN OUT OF SUGAR?
Go ask your neighbour for a cup of sugar.
WHAT TO DO IF A CUTE SOMEONE KNOCKS ON YOUR DOOR AND DECLARE HIS UNDYING LOVE FOR YOU?
HOW TO BEGIN PEOPLE WATCHING FOR STARTERS?
Don’t be a creep. Start off with binoculars.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR NEIGHBOR COMES HOME FROM THEIR GETAWAY AND FIND YOU STEALING FRUITS FROM THEIR GARDEN?
Climb up the tree and hide. Spy on your neighbours with your newly bought binoculars.
LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART: