Products mentioned are my personal favourites, but I have also provided shoppable affiliated links.
B E A U T Y T A L K S .
M A K E U P
- What is your favourite makeup brand? Yves Saint Laurent Beauty is my favourite brand when it comes to makeup. I like the product quality, the visual product design, the fashion history, and YSL’s women empowering message to ladies across the world. I feel confident when I wear the iconic Le Rouge on my lips and elegant when I walk around the city with the feminine scent of Mon Paris. It is a brand that I have found myself loving the last few years.
- MY DEAREST foundation? YSL Touche Eclat Cushion Foundation in the shade B30. The Eclat cushion is lightweight in consistency and gives me a fresh glow. It is buildable, but I think one layer cover up just enough dullness while letting my freckles and beauty marks shine through. That for me is enough. You really don’t need more.
- MY DEAREST blush? YSL Blush Volupté in the shade Passionnee. This is my go-to blush that I have been using for more than three years. Every now and then I get gifted press products for testing, however, I always end up going back to the YSL Volupté. It is highly pigmented and the bittersweet shade goes well with my skin tone.
- MY DEAREST concealer? Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in the shade 03. Whenever I travel overseas, I always end up with a Clinique concealer on my way back. It is a little treat I give myself that has become a vacation-ritual. Two words to describe this product; long-lasting and skin-brightening.
- MY DEAREST lipstick? Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick in shade 320. I can finally say that I have found the perfect red matte lipstick. This is the one, guys.
- MY DEAREST lipliner? INGLOT Cosmetics Amc Lip Pencil Matte in the shade 17. One of the reasons I adore this pencil is because it double-serves as a lip liner and a lipstick. Also, I like that the nude has a slight ginger undertone to it. I think it brings warmth to my face. Lastly, the INGLOT lip pencil gives me silky-smooth lips with a velvety finish.
- MY DEAREST brow product? YSL Dessin Des Sourcils – Eyebrow Pencil in the shade 03. Glazed Brown. A close second is the Estee Lauder The Brow Multi-tasker in the shade 04. Dark Brunette. The YSL pencil is what I use everyday, while the Estee Lauder pencil is my trusty travel buddy. On special occasions I like to combine the two for more depth.
- MY DEAREST perfume? DEREK LAM 10 CROSBY in the scent Silent St. My most beloved perfume and one I use on the daily.
- What is your makeup routine?
- Dior Hydra Life Sorbet Creme
- La Mer The Eye Concentrate
- YSL Touche Eclat Cushion Foundation, B30
- Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette
- YSL Blush Volupté, Passionnee
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Champagne Pop
- YSL Dessin Des Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil, 03. Glazed Brown
- Estee Lauder The Brow Multi-tasker 04. Dark Brunette
- YSL Couture Brow, 01. Glazed Brown
- Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer, Sand
- CoulorPop Eyeshadow, The News 17b1
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick, 320
- Kylie Cosmetics Lipliner, Ginger
- MAC Cosmetics Versicolor, Stain Tattoo My Heart
- How do you maintain your brow shape? I brush my brows everyday and try not to over pluck it. Voila.
S K I N C A R E
- What is your favourite skincare product? Guerlain Abeille Royale Black Bee Honey Balm. The modern woman in me have no time to play hide and seek, so I need a skincare product that works in an instant with immediate results. That is why I have so much love for this balm. It is especially created for people with dry and undernourished skin. You can apply it anywhere you feel that your skin needs a bit of extra love. Before going to bed, I like to apply it on my face, neck, shoulders, and elbows. It smells like honey and the skin feels so smooth the day after.
- What is your skincare routine?
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – I splash 3-4 drops of SK-II’s signature essence directly onto my hands, and then I gently massage the face and neck to let the miracle water absorb into my skin. For best results, apply every morning before makeup, and every night after cleansing.
- Guerlain Midnight Secret – After the miracle essence is absorbed, I go over with a night cream from Guerlain. I think the cream combined with the SK-II essence works wonders on my skin.
- Guerlain Black Bee Honey Balm – For extra love to my dry areas, I like to gently massage the honey balm into the skin.
- La Mer The Eye Concentrate – Soon after, I apply a rich and hydrating eye cream underneath my eyes with my ring finger.
- Guerlain Super Lips – Moisturised lips is a must! I wear this balm every morning and before I go to sleep. My lips becomes instantly soft, plumped and hydrated. The formula resembles a non-sticky lipgloss, but it feels very comfortable.
- Estelle & Thild Youth Oil – Whenever I have a bad breakout, I always sleep with this oil on my skin. It really helped me during my bad acne days.
- How do you keep your skin looking so flawless and healthy? I drink a lot of green tea and eat at least 5 fruits/vegetables a day. Beautiful skin starts within! Also, I run for at least 40 minutes twice a week, wash my face every morning and evening, and I try to get enough sleep. To sum up, get into a routine, drink lots of water, eat healthy, work out and sleep well.
H A I R
- What do you style your hair with? I style my hair with a flat iron called ghd Plantinum White Styler. It creates the most natural waves after a single stroke. Glamorous curls, effortless waves, silky straight – you name it.
A F A S H I O N M I N U T E.
- How would you describe your style? Chic, simple and a sprinkle of edge.
- Where do you find fashion inspiration? Movies, fashion magazines, it-girls, art, runways and the internet.
- Who is your style icon? I do not have a specific style icon, but I feel very inspired by the fashion styles of Scandinavian girls, the effortless Parisian woman, and the chic globetrotter that is always on the go.
Matilda Djerf, Josefine H.J, Tine Andrea.
Jeanne Damas, Camille Rowe, Sabina Socol.
Negin Mirsalehi, Kristina Bazan, Aimee Song.
Maria Bernad is a mixture of all the ladies above, and more. I actually just realised while making this Q&A that she might be my style icon.
- 3 essentials in your wardrobe? A black top, a timeless blazer, and denim jeans.
- What is your favourite jewellery/accessory brand? Maria Black and The Kooples.
- If your apartment was burning down, but the firefighters say they can save your most prized fashion item. What would you save? My Chanel.
Travel and career related questions will be up in my next Q&A.
Talk to you very soon.0